This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Setup: Fatal Error: Uncaught Exception
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:37:12 -0800
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Setup: Fatal Error: Uncaught Exception
- References: <43D467F0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Linda Walsh wrote:
> Is an application crash the expected behavior when
> package validation fails? Maybe it should mark it unusable
> or delete it?
At the moment, yes. It's a consequence of a change in the md5
checking. It just means you need to delete the package, as it has the
wrong size or checksum. It's on the todo list to clean this up.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html