This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Errors compiling cdrtools under cygwin 1.5.19
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:59:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: Errors compiling cdrtools under cygwin 1.5.19
- References: <43D6680D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jan 24 18:46, Simone Crestani wrote:
> I found out that cygwin 1.5.19 gives some problems when I try to compile
> cdrtools and cdrdao.
> Try to convince cygwin to remove their non-conforming interface
> The getline() iterface I use goes back to 1982 and has been used in
> a commercial
> UNIX clone for a long time.
His fault. He shouldn't declare a function unconditionally, but use the
system headers if there's a definition available.
As for the correctness, the getline definition in Cygwin's
/usr/include/sys/stdio.h file is *exactly* the definition used on Linux:
ssize_t getline(char **, size_t *, FILE *);
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html