[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: apache2-2.0.55-1

Apache HTTPD version 2 has been updated to 2.0.55-1.

This is a new upstream security and bugfix release.

Additionally, in Cygwin-local news:
- - mod_deflate is now included in the build.
- - apxs2 -c (compile) mode has been fixed to provide the extra linker
arguments required to successfully build a DSO on Cygwin.

Please address requests for the inclusion of any additional modules
contained within the Apache httpd distribution itself to cygwin (at)
cygwin (dot) com.

I did consider including mod_ssl, but found that it caused the server to
crash when a configtest was run, and did not want to delay this release
to debug.

Apache 2.2: Probable timeframe for transitioning to the 2.2.x release
series is 1 to 2 months.

Max Bowsher.

- --

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: .  I would appreciate it if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.

If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.  This includes ideas and comments about the
setup utility or Cygwin in general.

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Cygwin)