password-authenticated ssh session..;whoami shows OurSrvr064\sshd_server

On Wed 2/1/06 10:20 +0100 cygwin@cygwin.com wrote:
> On Jan 31 10:32, Tom Rodman wrote:
> > Also notable, was that whoami shown: "OurSrvr064\sshd_server", instead of
> > "staffuser2".
>
> That's normal for passwordless login.

Sorry, I should have emphasized that when I ssh'd in, the password was
*manually* entered. Pls see this test case, which also refers to a
manually entered ssh password:

>From what Pierre Humblet posted in July:

if the output of 'id -G' at the console differs from what you get in a
password authenticated ssh session, then that ssh session will not be
granted the appropriate rights. In our case we see 1 *additional*
local group when in the ssh session. What's special about that local
group is that it contains exactly 1 entry- "administrators". Also, pls
note that the user that is "sshing in" is in the "administrators" group,
so even though he is not a direct member of this group, 'id -G' reports
him as a member in an ssh session, but *not* at a non-ssh (console or
RDP, bash session)- hence the mismatch that Pierre warns about.

agin, pls see:

--snip

--
thanks-much,