Re: cygwin.bat improvements (was Re: Cygwin on XP disapearing terminal mystery)

On 1/31/06, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Well that would certainly work for the case of a missing bash.  I guess
> I was thinking that the marker file method would work for a wider range
> of brokenness where for whatever reason the shell fails to start and/or
> complete its initialization.  Having never experienced this personally I
> can't really come up with a set of possible scenarios of brokenness, but
> it seems we get do get a lot of "bash window flashes briefly and then
> disappears" reports.  Are they all just missing bash.exe?

The one time I had trouble starting up with cygwin.bat, it was because of
a virus that was instantly killing any process with "sh" in its name.  Not that
running it from the DOS window produced a lot of useful information in this
case, but it is a counterexample.

--
--Alfvaen (Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Pat Benatar:Get Nervous