mismatched dll

Hi,

I've been plagued with this error message before:

[bar@bar-nt /cygdrive/c/Program Files/NX Client for Windows/bin] $ ./nxssh.exe
c:\Program Files\NX Client for Windows\bin\nxssh.exe (1292): *** proc magic mismatch
detected - 0xC87757A7/0xD94C588A.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.

Last time I had this problem, I actually had to modify the executable I
was running to fix it, by pointing to the correct dll.
  http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-03/msg00700.html

However, I think this is different. I've used nx from
(http://nomachine.com/) for a while now. After I upgraded Cygwin
recently to get readline-5.1, this program stopped working. The error is
above.

This is the bin directory where the nx program ran:
    [bar@bar-nt /cygdrive/c/Program Files/NX Client for Windows/bin] $ ls -al
    total 6060
    drwx------+ 2 bar None       0 Feb  2 14:18 .
    drwx------+ 5 bar None       0 Feb  2 14:20 ..
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None 1723392 Dec 13 10:50 NXWin.exe
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None 1152000 Dec 13 10:50 cygXcomp.dll
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None 1067008 Dec  9 10:34 cygcrypto-0.9.8.dll
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None  134656 Dec  9 10:34 cygjpeg-62.dll
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None   20992 Dec  9 10:34 cygminires.dll
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None  235520 Dec  9 10:34 cygpng12.dll
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None  105472 Dec 13 10:50 cygserver.exe
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None 1295582 Dec  9 10:34 cygwin1.dll
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None   61440 Dec  9 10:34 cygz.dll
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None   26112 Dec 13 10:50 nxauth.exe
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None   50176 Dec 13 10:50 nxesd.exe
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None   27136 Dec 13 10:50 nxkill.exe
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None   28672 Sep 13 19:14 nxsetup.exe
    -rwx------+ 1 bar None  253952 Dec 13 10:50 nxssh.exe

I would appreciate any help. Just for my information, isn't it OK to put
the cygwin1.dll in the same directory as the program you are running? Is
this the approved way of releasing cygwin with an application?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi