Driftnet for Windows

Hello People,

I am new to Cygwin. I have a very basic question.
There is a tool Driftnet available only for Unix. I want to write it for I Windows making a few improvements as a part of my Master's thesis. I am confused here, can cygwin provide me some files like netinet/tcp.h etc. available in Linux (which are used for coding driftnet) in Windows? I want to write my code in Microsoft Visual Studio.net and I found out that winpcap library and winsock dll contain many files equivalent to the files available in Linux for network programming. But it doesn't provide anything for netinet/tcp.h and a few more may be.

I'm not even sure if I am in the right place. I mean can installing cygwin help me with this?

Please some body help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

Amruta Tilaye

Graduate Assistant