davfs for cygwin rsync?

I'm looking at the man page for rsync and I need a little help.

I just learned on the Boulder Linux UG mailing list that it is possible to
mount a Web DAV file system with davfs and use rsync with it on a linux
system. I assume this works with another utility too, like unison and
rbackup.

Hmmm... I cannot find rbackup in the man pages on cygwin. What about cygwin
rsync? Can that be used with davfs or something similar on cygwin?
Apparently not. According to the man page "Once installed, you can use rsync
to any machine that you can access via remote shell. For remote transfers,
rsync uses ssh for its communications."...

I was hoping to find a commercial service for which I could use cygwin/rsync
for daily backup. It is easy to find services for WebDAV -- but it is not
clear that cygwin rsync can use WebDAV like linux rsync can. Can someone
please clarify?

Are there commercial hosting services that provide ssh access?

The man page as a section titled "STARTING AN RSYCN DAEMON TO ACCEPT
CONNECTIONS". I'm confused: I thought I needed an ssh deamon.

Thanks,
siegfried