Re: Possible bug with mmap on XP?

Thanks for the reply.

It can be found at http://www.bodenstab.org/files/mmaptest.c

> > PPS.  If this is a limitation for XP, is there a way for a Cygwin program
> > to tell if it's running on XP?
>
> Yes, uname(2) can be used to give you an idea of what version of Windows
> you are running on.

Is there a reference for what is returned for each windows release?  On my
only windows (I only have these for a couple of games and the digital cameras)
systems I get:

 Win98SE   sysname="CYGWIN_98-4.10"
 WinXP     sysname="CYGWIN_NT-5.1"

I would have expected "XP" rather than "NT"... I thought I read somewhere
that NT is obsolete or at least unsupported now?  Does the 4.10 or 5.1
mean anything important?