Re: Commands just hang

Dave Korn wrote:

On 02 February 2006 21:11, Alan Bowler wrote:

I've got a weird problem.

We have a private version of C-Kermit that has some changes so that it
gives me readline command recall. Recently it has started giving me
strange behaviour.

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2006-01/msg00033.html

Any ideas where I should look?

At your code?

I did think of that. However, nothing had changed in our code, and as I said it works on other machines.

Anyway, since I can now reproduce it with the latest as distributed
cgywin + telnet + echo  (See other message), our code is clearly
just the victim, not the problem.

I did have the suspicion that I had accidently mangled something in
the registry in recovering from a failed install of commercial product.
However, further reading gives me the impression that the only thing
Cygwin stores in the registry is mount data, and those would be
irrelevant.