Re: Commands just hang, ZoneAlarm

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Feb 3 13:30, Alan Bowler wrote:>>

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#WJFFM

No hang here.

I'm not very good at digging through archives, but I did eventually find http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2006-01/msg00424.html which discusses a hang, (but no fix) when ZoneAlarm Suite is installed. I realized that one thing that had changed on my system between when my kermit stuff had previously run and when it failed was that I had "upgraded" from ZoneAlarm Pro to ZoneAlarm Suite. I tried uninstalling ZoneAlarm and the hang went away. This is all very frustrating since I need both ZoneAlarm and Cygwin.