Re: shutdown

Christian Lanconelli (servizio) wrote:

> Hello world!,
> I need to shutdown my win 2000 O.S. at a specified time or "now".
> I'd like to use the command shutdown --force now but the system answer is
> that I don't have the necessary priviledge. How can I do? Have I to activate
> some service with cygrunsrv.exe for exemple? I'm working in an Antarctic
> base without internet connection, so I cannot access the web information.
> thak you for your help!!

Perhaps this will help, from the version announcement:

"I've just updated the version of shutdown to 1.7-1.

This version adds the -x/--exitex option, which allows to use the
ExitWindowsEx function on Windows NT.  This is important if shutdown is
supposed to poweroff on Windows 2000, since the InitiateSystemShutdown
implementation on Windows 2000 unfortunately misses to do this."

Regards.
--
René Berber