Issue, most possibly with new Readline

After installing the latest readline updates (that fixed the earlier
prompt issue) I'm finding an issue with the vi command line interface.

Basically, when I hit [ESC] then fwd slash (/) to search through the
history, it throws my cursor back to get beginning of the line (on top
of the prompt) and acts weird.  This is in mrxvt, now if I do the same
in the basic cygwin bash shell i get this:

v468929@TRD-CAX40JXD ~> / âââââââââââââââââââââââââ