Re: GCC compiler

Thanks for the informative and helpful response.

Darel
-----------------------------------
Tim Prince wrote:

djh wrote:

My current version of gcc that setup.exe downloaded for me is:

gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 (cygming special) (gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)

The other day I downloaded gcc 4.0.2
  filename:  gcc-4.0.2.tar.bz2

did a configure, make, and makeinstall

and the build was successfull. I compiled a program with it and it seems to work. My question is, am I fooling myself?
Was there a lot of tweaking involved in getting the setup.exe downloaded version of gcc to work with cygwin?

You could run make -k check and compare your results with those posted by others at gcc-testsuite. This would show how well the standard tested functions of gcc itself are working. If you don't care to use additional features of the cygming special, such as -mno-cygwin, you may be set up to do what matters to you.