Re: Corrupt xorg-x11-f100?

David Arnstein wrote:
I use the usual setup.exe to keep my Cygwin packages up to date. Recently, this executable has been giving me Dr. Watson crashes left and right. I think I isolated the problem.

There is a cygwin package xorg-x11-f11. I attempted to re-install it from setup.exe. Setup.exe told me that the package is corrupt, I should uninstall it and reinstall it.

Setup.exe uninstalled the package without a complaint. Next, I restarted setup.exe and I attempted to install xorg-x11-f100. Setup.exe gave a Dr. Watson crash again. I repeated this a few times for the sake of stupidity.

I have been using the mirror http://mirrors.kernel.org. When I switched to http://mirrors.mcs.anl.gov, the problem went away.

I attach the output from "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out" in case it is needed.

Rather than changing the mirror, you could have gone into your local package directory, into the mirror directory, and find the tarball for this package, then delete it.
This will result in setup.exe trying to redownload it (it sounds like you had a corrupt archive to me).

Chris

--

Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket
of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world