Re: Why gnome-session is not found in a full-installation of cygwin?

Yu Lianqing wrote:

> I've post the message below to cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com but got no reply
> yet. I post this message to this list since I need your help urgently.
> Sorry for this.
>
> I successfully download and install cgywin on my windows xp profesional
> system. I choose to install everything (at select packages page, I choose
> "All, Install").
>
> I prefer GNOME as the window manager but gnome-session is missing, this is
> weird as I've already installed everything.

There is only partial GNOME support in the packages on official Cygwin mirrors.
You'll find some applications and libraries but not the full desktop.
gnome-session is not one of those.  You will have to go to an unofficial source
of packages (such as <http://cygwinports.dotsrc.org/>) or compile it yourself if
you want to use it.  But note that you shouldn't use any of the cygwin.com
mailing lists for questions about third party/unofficial packages; those sites
have their own lists.

Brian