Re: 1.5.19: Solution: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied

The solution to my variant of this problem ended up being pretty simple.

I was running the Norton utility that guards the trash bin (Norton Protected Trash Bin).

For this use, it's toxic.

The solution was to add the entire cygwin directory to the exclusion list (in the trash bin's Properties dialog). It would look something like: "-c:\cygwin\**".

Keeping Norton's hands off these files makes cygwin not mess up.

Charming.

Does this help you?