Re: Prompt issue within cygwin

According to Zach Gelnett on 2/6/2006 7:55 AM:
>>Chet Ramey, the upstream readline maintainer, FINALLY admitted that his
>>routines have display bugs when readline is compiled with multi-byte
>>support, and when a single-line prompt contains invisible characters.

> Interesting, so, based on my reading of this, if i were to recompile
> readline without multi-byte support it should resolve this problem?

Others have reported on this list that using --disable-multibyte when
configuring readline fixes bash prompts.  However, I am reluctant to do
that for the official cygwin release, as I am not sure who might be
relying on multibyte readline behavior.

--
Life is short - so eat dessert first!

Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net