Re: strange cygstart bug with current Cygwin versions

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 01:25:12PM -0600, Brian Ford wrote:
> >On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> I believe that Brian Ford is looking into modifying the new CW_SETUP_WINENV
> >> code to perform the proper conversion of POSIX style to Windows style.
> >
> >We're still debating aproaches for solving our problem, so it is possible
> >I won't get to it.  If someone else wants to try, feel free.
>
> Well, that's disappointing.  I'm not aware of any debates.  I thought
> just this once we could rely on someone else fixing a problem.

I didn't mean to disappoint, but I work on Cygwin only at work.  I don't
currently have the free time or resources at home to do it.  As such, I
have to work only on the problems that face our products.

We only needed that functionality because of missing vfork behavior.  We
decided to use spawn and a helper executable to solve the problem instead
of going outside the Cygwin box with CreateProcess.

Occasionally, I try to use free work time (lunch, after hours, etc.) to do
otherwise.  But lately that's been in very short supply (as in taken up
by work itself).

:-(.

--
Brian Ford