Re: "rxvt -e bash" From Batch File

Eric Blake wrote:
[You have a really weird mailer - every other line was blank!]

On 8 Feb 2006 17:54:59 -0000 Bubba Jones

I think I found the problem. My $HOME variable is

set to another location than I want. Before using

rxvt I explicitly set HOME in my .bashrc... When

I set HOME in the regular bash prompt and run

"rxvt -e /bin/bash --login -i" all is well. So, my

problem now is, how do I set my HOME in a batch

file? If that can't be done, how can I set HOME

before I call rxvt?

You can permanently edit environment variables in Windows using
control panel, system, advanced, environment variables.  Or for
a single use, you should try 'set /?' in a cmd.com window, for ideas
on setting environment variables in batch files.

See also http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.setup.home

Alternatively, you could do: rxvt -e /bin/bash --login --rcfile /cygdrive/h/.bashrc -i

Thus combining your current configuration with the way you want it to be...

Chris
--

Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket
of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world