Re: Problems with the snapshot 20060206

On Feb  9 14:47, Angelo Graziosi wrote:

> There is some problem between the 20060606 snapshot and the drives
> D:, E: ...
>
> I have the cygwin prefix mounted to '/' (since long time) so that I can
> use 'ls -lrt /e' etc..
>
> The drive E: is a DVD burner.
>
> When I insert a disc containing two directory, Cernlib and ROOT, which I
> backed-up 20060126, the following examples happen with that snapshot:
>
> $ ls -lrt /e
> ls: reading directory /e: Invalid argument
> total 0

> $ ls -lrt /e/*
> ls: /e/*: No such file or directory

I can't reproduce this, but I can reproduce a similar problem.  I have
no idea, though, if I see different results for basically the same
problem as you do, because your report is lacking the information
requested on http://cygwin.com/problems.html

What I see is a "Bad address" error message when trying to access
subdirectories of an UDF filesystem (a DVD), but I have no problem
accessing the root directory of a DVD for some reason.  This is on
XP SP2.

So, I can not track down your problem, but I could track down some
problem with DVDs.  It seems that the new NtQueryDirectoryFile flag
FileIdBothDirectoryInformation is not supported on UDF filesystems.  Oh
well.  Since I don't know if there are other restrictions of this new
call, I disabled it entirely, if the filesystem doesn't support useful
File IDs (inode numbers).

Corinna

Red Hat