Re: Lynx hides keyboard input

On Feb 10 10:11, Markku Yli-Pentila wrote:
> Hello,
> When I use lynx and quit it, I can't see anything when I write on
> keyboard, only bash responses. HEre is attached a cygcheck -c output.
> I've tried to change cygwin version and lynx version without result. The
> problem began when I updated lynx (didn't do it for a long time before
> it).
> I have to write exit or ctrl-d as a blind (ie. without "seeing" the
> result, I am blind computer user and use jwas for windows to "see"
> results).
> When restarting the bash shell, it shows my keyboard input as long as I
> use lynx and stop it. The same happens when I use ctrl-z to suspend it.
> AFter that I can't get it  back by writing fg, it shows lynx and comes
> back to dollar prompt.
> I have windows 98 SE.

Unfortunately you only sent your 'cygcheck -c' output, not the
'cygcheck -svr' output, so I don't know anything about your settings.
I can't reproduce what you describe on my Win 98 box using the latest
Cygwin (1.5.19-4) and lynx (2.8.5-4), so I assume your environment
variable $TERM isn't set correctly.  It should be set to "cygwin"
when running in a command.com window, to "rxvt" or "xterm" when running
in a rxvt window.

Corinna

Red Hat