Re: Lynx hides keyboard input

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Markku Yli-Pentila wrote:

> Hello,
> When I use lynx and quit it, I can't see anything when I write on
> keyboard, only bash responses. HEre is attached a cygcheck -c output.
> I've tried to change cygwin version and lynx version without result. The
> problem began when I updated lynx (didn't do it for a long time before
> it).
> I have to write exit or ctrl-d as a blind (ie. without "seeing" the
> result, I am blind computer user and use jwas for windows to "see"
> results).

Most likely a bug in Lynx that screws up your terminal settings.  The Lynx
maintainer will need to either track it down or report it upstream.  Since
you did not attach the output of "cygcheck -svr" as requested on the
problems page, I don't know what in your environment tickles the bug
(e.g., what your TERM setting is).  FWIW, the above works just fine for
me.

In the meantime, here's a workaround: run "stty sane" after lynx.  You can
create a wrapper script that does it automatically.

> When restarting the bash shell, it shows my keyboard input as long as I
> use lynx and stop it. The same happens when I use ctrl-z to suspend it.
> AFter that I can't get it back by writing fg, it shows lynx and comes
> back to dollar prompt.

I'm not sure exactly how to interpret the first sentence above, but lynx,
AFAIK, just doesn't like being suspended...
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/