Re: Race condition spawning childs/pipe stuff?

This is basically a "me too", so I snipped as much as possible.

Max Kaehn wrote:
Occasionally, the build process hangs with a spawned child (sh.exe)
eating with 100% user cpu.
It seems the build command itself (spawned make) finished but
child/parent? shell doesnt exit.

When i kill sh.exe manually, the (recursive) build process continues and
finishes.
Reproduced (very rarely) while building OOo with cygwin 1.5.19-4.

I've been getting the same thing with Cygwin 1.5.19-3, but it's
extremely hard to reproduce:  when doing endurance testing by repeatedly
building Mozilla, it only happened a single time on build #518 out of
570 (thus far).
Exactly, only saw this two times out of the last week of building time.
(i.e. the time that an OOo build was actually running on that machine.)

Can anyone suggest other useful data to gather for the next time
this happens?
Yes, maybe I can help too.

Thanks

Volker

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D