Re: ssh login and SMB drive

Hallöchen!

Igor Peshansky <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Torsten Bronger wrote:
>
>> I've running an sshd on a Cygwin system.  If I start Bash, I can
>> see a remove drive of a Windows Server mounted at /cygdrive/t/.
>> So far, so good.
>>
>> Unfortunately I can't see this drive when logging in from a Linux
>> machine via ssh.  I suspect the reason is that the drive is
>> password protected, and the password is not my login password.
>> Every time I log in (via the orinary Windows login screen) I have
>> to enter that password.
>>
>> Can I put this password somewhere so that Cygwin can mount it,
>> even when I'm accessing it from outside?  Thank you!
>
> Can't you just run "net use t: '\\MACHINE\SHARE' '*'" from the bash prompt
> once you're logged in via ssh?
> 	Igor

I translate the german error messages into English:

    -bash-3.00$ net use t: '\\sonne\erde' '*'
    Enter password for \\sonne\erde : sytem error 85 occured.

    The local device name is already in use.

    -bash-3.00$ ls -l /cygdrive/
    total 0
    drwxrwxrwx+ 13 Administratoren root 0 Jan 11 03:00 c
    drwxrwxrwx+  4 Administratoren root 0 Jan 11 03:01 d
    drwxrwxrwx+  6 Administratoren root 0 Jan 11 03:00 e
    drwxr-xr-x   1 bronger         Kein 0 Feb 10 13:04 h

Besides, I want to copy files from my Linux machine to this Windows
machine using rsync, tunneled trough ssh.  This fails due to the
missing drive.  However, the drive must already be there when rsync
logs in.

Tschö,
Torsten.

--
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus            ICQ 264-296-646