1.5.19-4: bash starts up in /usr/bin

Hi,
after an update to the recent cygwin version, bash starts up in /usr/bin
instead of my home directory. The command line seems to be unformatted,
only a "bash3.00$" says hello.
Is this a bug or a feature? Thanks for your help.

Regards, Nils.

--
..at least I thought I was dancing, 'til somebody stepped on my hand.
 -- J. B. White