RE: How Can I Use the FtpCommand Function with Cygwin?

On 14 February 2006 18:44, Tischler, Ron wrote:

  NUMBER ONE THING TO DO BEFORE YOU POST TO THIS LIST AGAIN:  READ
http://cygwin.com/acronyms#PCYMTNQREAIYR.

> These makefiles are large, and they came to us from another company, and
> there are good business reasons to avoid changing them.  Saying that the
> makefiles are going about everything the wrong way is not an option.

<smacks self round head with even larger even wetter even deader fish>

  It's not the makefiles "going about everything the wrong way", it's YOU.

  Yes, the makefiles are good.  They take a bunch of source, and build it with
MSVC, and link it against the MSVC import libs, and all is good.

  Now you've taken the makefiles, kept them the same, taken the sources, kept
them the same, but you've changed the compiler to gcc.  WHY do you refuse to
use the new import libs that go with the new compiler you've changed to using?

    cheers,
      DaveK