Re: G++ Missing libraries in cygwin

Sam F Williams III wrote:

> Thanks for the response, Chris.  I checked the mount table and D:\cygwin\lib
> is indeed properly mounted as /usr/lib.  I'm attaching the cygcheck output
> in the hope that you guys can help.  Please let me know if you see anything
> amiss.

Everything in your cygcheck looks fine.

You say that "when I check the /usr/lib folder it is completely empty".
How are you doing this -- are you typing "ls -l /usr/lib" or are you
using Windows Explorer/CMD.EXE?  Because if you are doing the latter and
you are looking in D:\cygwin\usr\lib then indeed you should see a
completely empty directory.  However, if you use "ls -l /usr/lib" or if
you use Explorer to look at D:\cygwin\lib you should see a number of
files.  This is a natural consequence of how mounts work, and I think
this is a red herring.

Let's step back for a moment, because you originally said you cannot
compile anything.  Give us an example of exactly the commands you use to
compile and link, and exactly what happens in response, and how it's
different from what you expect if it's not obvious.  Use a hello world
example program or some code that is publicly available so that we don't
have to guess about the contents of source files or Makefiles.

Brian