cygwin 1.5.19: intel core duo stack copy_write function failed

Hi All,

I got a intel core duo 1.66 laptop with 2GB memory. I
installed cygwin, and tried to compile firefox using
msvc. but I got error message which was something
about stack and the only remember it has copy_write
function name inside. I tried to reinstall it couple
times, but it still didn't work. So I did another
experiment, I opened a cygwin shell, and type in sh to
run nested shell for four times, and the fifthtime I
got the same error message again. Because I have to
use cygwin, so I had to return that laptop. Now I just
want to know if there is any other people have intel
core duo system which had the similar problem. So I
can know this is because of the compatibility issue or
something else.

The laptop was acer 5672, it had 1.66 core duo
processor, 2G memory, 120GB HD.

Regards,

Xiaoguang