Re: chere suggestion

Dave Korn wrote:
On 15 February 2006 17:05, Cary Jamison wrote:

I was just wondering how you get programs added to the Windows Explorer
'Open with...' menu, and thought this might be a good addition to chere.  I
would like to add xemacs, gvim, notepad, etc., to this menu.

  This is nothing to do with cygwin.  Use the folder options/file types dialog
from windows explorer, same as you would for any other file type you wanted to
open with any other application.

That said I proposed something similar a while back on cygwin-apps with no take up.

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2005-11/msg00274.html

WRT the open with menu, it might just be a case of adding things to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts, but I haven't verified that.

Dave chere maintainer