Re: chere suggestion

Dave wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 15 February 2006 17:05, Cary Jamison wrote:
>>

>>> I was just wondering how you get programs added to the Windows
>>> Explorer 'Open with...' menu, and thought this might be a good
>>> addition to chere.  I would like to add xemacs, gvim, notepad,
>>> etc., to this menu.
>>

>>   This is nothing to do with cygwin.  Use the folder options/file
>> types dialog from windows explorer, same as you would for any other
>> file type you wanted to open with any other application.

By the same argument, you could say chere has nothing to do with cygwin,
just add your own action to the folder options...

But, I still can't see how to do this.  Maybe I'm missing something obvious.
I can associate a file type, say 'TXT' with an 'open' action that starts
emacs, for example, but how do I get the submenu with a list of possible
programs to open with?

> That said I proposed something similar a while back on cygwin-apps
> with no take up.
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2005-11/msg00274.html

Ah, yes, that's exactly the kind of issues I'm looking at.  I should have
known someone else had already thought of it!

Cary