Re: missing getaddrinfo

On Feb 15 16:40, Eric Blake wrote:
> Currently, cygwin does not provide getaddrinfo, even though
> SUSv3 specifies it in <sys/socket.h>/<netdb.h>.  CVS Coreutils
> has been using gnulib to provide a replacement definition,
> but recently gnulib was updated to work on mingw, reusing
> the winsock headers/libraries to provide getaddrinfo.  As a
> result, coreutils is now trying to link in -lws2_32 to get
> the winsock version of getaddrinfo (and I suspect that will
> not work properly).
>
> Anyone willing to export getaddrinfo in cygwin proper?  Then

Not in 1.5.20.  But getaddrinfo and getnameinfo are on my TODO
list.  It's not done with just exporting getaddrinfo, since it
only exists in WinSock versions beginning with XP, and in the
experimental v6 stack implementation for 2K.

Licensewise, it seems to be possible to use the getaddrinfo
implementation on http://www.sra.co.jp/people/m-kasahr/getaddrinfo/
for systems having no IPv6 and the WinSock implementation
otherwise.

But, as I said, that's something for 1.5.21.

Corinna

Red Hat