glut, OpenGL, undefined reference to glutCheckLoop()

I've inherited a simple simulation from a Mac user. When I it compiled with
... -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32 -lgcc, the following error messages showed
up:

...."undefined reference to glutCheckLoop()".

So I googled "glutCheckLoop", it turns out it is part of the enhancement Rob
Fletcher did to the glut library back in 2003, and his version has been
incorporated to the Mac's library distribution....but it is not incorporated
to the Cygwin's version.

I went to Fletcher's site and found some files  (glut32.dll, glut32.lib, and
glut.h) but frankly I have no clues if I can use them, or I should put them
if I can use those files. I remember reading that applications must be
re-compiled in Cygwin, does that mean that those files are useless for me?
Can someone please shine some lights on me?

I did some researches in the archives just so that I am not spamming the
list, but I cannot find anything on glutCheckLoop, and I cannot make senses
of most of the related issues being discussed in the past. I am so
discouraged and frustrated at the same time. I cannot believe how difficult
this simple task turned out to be.

...I am not a "programmer", I am an analyst whoes dream is never need to
worry about library, include, compiler, link~ We much prefer those being
taken care of by you programmers.... :(

You helps would appreciated!

-Dean
dctsai.work@gmail.com