[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [experimental]: bashdb-3.1_0.04-1

A new release of bashdb, 3.1_0.04-1, is available for experimental use.

NEWS:
=====
This is a new upstream release, corresponding to a new bash upstream
release.  Note that bash 3.0 will not work with bashdb-3.1_*, nor will
bash 3.1 work with bashdb-3.0_*, due to some backwards incompatible
changes in array variable syntax handling in bash.  Since bash-3.1 is
still marked expermental, I had to mark this release of bashdb
experimental as well.  Both projects will simultaneously move to current
once I can ascertain that they work well together, and that there are no
further comments from the mailing lists about regressions from the 3.0 series.

A list of changes from the current release, bashdb-3.00-0.02-2, is
attached; see also the /usr/share/doc/bashdb-3.1-0.04 directory.
Additionally, I have a number of cygwin-specific patches, all related to
packaging issues for VPATH build support.

============
A bash shell script debugger, with command line, emacs, and ddd
interfaces.  It is possible to debug a bash shell script using 'bashdb
file' or 'bash --debugger file'.

UPDATE:
=======
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your system.
Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up 'bashdb' from the
'Devel' category.  You will need to use the "Exp" radio button to get this
experimental version.

DOWNLOAD:
=========
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations.  This means that you will need to
find a mirror which has this update, please choose the one nearest to you:
http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html

QUESTIONS:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

Version 3.1 0.04 (initial 3.1 release)
2006-01-16

- Showing which command on a line with multiple commmands works again.
  Reinstate regression tests which use that.

- Add a loadable routine to read a script into an array fast. This
  speeds up the startup on reading large scripts very much.

- Install compiled GNU emacs lisp

- We were reporting script line sizes as one larger than the actual size

- Bash location matches installation in bashdb documentation

Version 3.00 0.03 (bugfix and palindromic-version-number release)
2005-12-10

- Changes to make ddd work better
  * "info args" works correctly
  * "help run" works
  * Do all the directory removing/creating/symbolic linking so that bash
    finds the include file it needs. This was real ugly. I couldn't have
    undertaken to try to figure this out without my GNU Makefile debugger
    and the "write" command.