Re: Problems between GV-3.5.8-2 and Ghostscript-8.50-1 ?

I have verified the behavior described.  My guess would be that it is an issue
in the interface between gv and gs.

Dr. Volker Zell is the current cygwin maintainer for gv; I recently took over
maintaining gs, bringing it up to the latest 8.50 GPL release.  I note that the
cygwin version of gv is somewhat out of date; information at
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gv/ indicates that 3.5.8, the cygwin version, has been
superceded by 3.6.1 upstream.  A search of bug reports for 3.5.8 at gnu.org
might be instructive; it is possible the newer version fixes this issue.

Since the interface works in at least one scenario, i.e., "gs file.pdf &", I am
very reluctant to say the problem resides in gs.

James R. Phillips