RE: Error C1083

On 16 February 2006 19:36, Elin Aronsen wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I have attached cygcheck and the to logfiles. I do not know why in
> the logfile I geet the message it cannot find oistream fopen. Very
> greatful for help.
>
> Elin Aronsen

  Can't help very much, because I don't know what CLHEP is, but I noticed a
couple of things:

-------------------------------<snip>!-------------------------------
Chinsoo Hong_2@ISOMERS ~
$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Vc7/Bin:/cy
gdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003/Common7/IDE:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/SYSTEM
32:/cygdrive/c/ORAWIN95/BIN:/usr/lib/lapack

Chinsoo Hong_2@ISOMERS ~/CLHEP
$ ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for cl... cl
-------------------------------<snip>!-------------------------------

  This is very strange.  Why has configure chosen to use 'cl' for the
compiler?  Did you define CC='cl' in your environment?  Maybe it looks for cl
before it looks for gcc because of a bug in the autoconf scripts in the
project.  If you were to reset your $PATH to remove the Visual Studio .NET
folders, it might not find cl and might choose gcc instead, then it would
probably work right.

-------------------------------<snip>!-------------------------------
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
-------------------------------<snip>!-------------------------------

  And of course the gcc preprocessor and the microsoft compiler aren't going
to play nicely together.

-------------------------------<snip>!-------------------------------
SELECTED C++ COMPILER: cl -DWIN32 -O -GX -GR -MD
checking for fl32... no
checking for f77... f77
checking for iostream.h... no
** Cannot find include files for C++ run time library. Please add
** the relevant directory to the TOPINCLUDES macro in the Makefile(s)
FORTRAN needs

  Ok, and you need to set TOPINCLUDES to point to
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++ it seems?  Or perhaps this one
will go away if you can get configure to choose gcc instead of cl.

    cheers,
      DaveK