Re: regular user, bash cannot find /tmp

Apologies for the incomplete posting. Here are two output files: The first is output from 'cygcheck -s -v -r', the second is the error message from cygcheck.

History: I want to run 'octave' and tried a package containing a partial cygwin environment and octave 2.1.42. Discovered that it is too old and removed it. Installed cygwin (downloaded this week). Could there be traces of the previous octave/cygwin package left on the system?

Thanks.