Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: WordNet-2.1

"Dr. Volker Zell" <dr.volker.zell@oracle.com> wrote in
announce.82zmkr3sii.fsf@vzell-de.de.oracle.com:">news:announce.82zmkr3sii.fsf@vzell-de.de.oracle.com:

> Hi
>
> A new version of 'WordNet' has been uploaded to a server near you.

This has defied my Googling Powers. But I have found out a few things
You call it from the command line as wn (not wordnet)
> wn

> man wn

The online interface is very useful at

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

But further have I got NOT.

Could the  literati , cognoscenti or any other well disposed Cygwin
glitterati please advise?

I have found much documentation but not a single example

Ha! Sussed it, you put the parameters AFTER the word eg

$ wn philosophy -over

Overview of noun philosophy

The noun philosophy has 3 senses (first 3 from tagged texts)

1. (12) doctrine, philosophy, philosophical system, school of thought,
ism -- (a
 belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or
school
)
2. (8) philosophy -- (the rational investigation of questions about
existence an
d knowledge and ethics)
3. (1) philosophy -- (any personal belief about how to live or how to
deal with
a situation; "self-indulgence was his only philosophy"; "my father's
philosophy
of child-rearing was to let mother do it")

A super tool thanks to those involved!!!

--
zzapper
Success for Techies