Re: Problem on WindowsXP Home Edition: file access, permission denied

On 02/16/2006, Enrico Migliore wrote:
I've built a Linux application on Cygwin/WinXP(home edition), where there's just
one user configured, Enrico, that is, me.
The application, when launched, tries to load the following dynamic link library:

/usr/local/classpath/lib/classpath/libjavanio.dll.a

but it stops and says:

"failed to open native library /usr/local/classpath/lib/classpath/libjavanio.dll.a: permission denied"

libjavanio.dll.a is not a DLL. javanio.dll might be. It's hard to know with the information you've given. But I think it's safe to say that you're doing something wrong with the "Linux application" that you built with Cygwin. You'll need to figure out what that is or provide allot more detail about what you're doing.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746