Re: Starting applications from Start | ... | Cygwin-X menu

<snip>
> For example, 'xeyes' starts (after startxwin.bat), but emacs does not!

Emacs used to run reliably for me, but the last couple of releases
simply consumes significant CPU and never displays.  How many such
applications have your tried and how many fail to display.  In these
cases, have you used ps -ef, top or other to see if the processes
are running?

> Then, why should one install those links in the Start | Programs menu
> (by setup.exe), if they (many of them) seem do not work ?

Your choice, start them via the command line, via start -> programs,
whatever works for you.

Brett