Nominally, how long to build cygwin/bash debug versions?

I'm trying to build debug versions of cygwin1 and bash in an attempt to isolate a problem I'm having. My first attempt with cygwin seemed to grind and grind with nothing being produced--not even errors. After considerable time I killed the process. Realizing that maybe I was just impatient, I have a question I hope someone can answer.

Counting only computer time and assuming everything works perfectly, nominally, how long might I expect it to take to build a cygwin debug version? A bash debug version? (10min?, 30min?, 2hrs?, ...?)

My system is: 550MHz Pentium III, 512MB memory, lots disk space, and Windows 98SE.

Thanks,

L Anderson