Re: please test snapshots: we'd like to release cygwin version 1.20

Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> Specifically, what needs testing is Corinna's new code which properly
> fills in d_ino into a dirent struct.  I recently found that a samba bug
> caused strange behavior when performing an "ls" or a "find" in a
> directory on a samba share which had more than 128 files.

In an effort to help the testing be easier to perform, I will soon be releasing
an experimental coreutils-5.94-2 that uses the d_ino member in ls and also
in /bin/pwd (yes, using readdir()/d_ino in pwd is less efficient than calling
getpwd(), but it is a nice test of readdir).  Neither coreutils-5.94-1 nor
findutils-2.27-1 use d_ino at all, so while they do stress readdir, they are
not very comprehensive test points of the combined readdir/d_ino changes.

--
Eric Blake