proftpd + mod_tsl + cygwin under win2003

Hi. I am hoping to run proftpd under cygwin so I can
run a FTPS (ftp over ssl/tls) server in Windows.  The
default proftpd package that comes with cygwin does
not have mod_tls and I decided to build one.  So far,
I have done this:

- Installed cygwin for all users

- Installed openSSL libraries 0.9.8a-1

- Modified mod_tls.c in contrib directory to add this
one line.  Otherwise, I was getting an error during
make.
  #define PEM_F_DEF_CALLBACK PEM_F_PEM_DEF_CALLBACK

- Compiled proftpd version 1.2.10 with mod_tls.  From
the output, you can see mod_tls is included.

$ /usr/local/sbin/proftpd.exe -l
Compiled-in modules:
  mod_core.c
  mod_xfer.c
  mod_auth_unix.c
  mod_auth_file.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_ls.c
  mod_log.c
  mod_site.c
  mod_tls.c

- Modified these twolines in proftd.conf file:
User                            SYSTEM
Group                           administrators

- Added these lines in proftpd.conf file and created
the certs also.

<IfModule mod_tls.c>
TLSEngine on
TLSLog /var/log/tls.log
TLSProtocol TLSv1

TLSRequired off

TLSRSACertificateFile /usr/local/etc/certs/server.crt
TLSRSACertificateKeyFile
/usr/local/etc/certs/server.key

TLSVerifyClient off
</IfModule>

- Installed proftpd service using cygrunsrv.

When I run the daemon (net start "cygwin proftpd" in
Windows), I get this error in /var/log/proftpd.log

myservername - PRIVS_RELINQUISH: unable to
seteuid(session.uid): Invalid argument
myservername - PRIVS_RELINQUISH: unable to
seteuid(session.uid): Invalid argument
myservername - error opening scoreboard: Permission
denied

I have done everything while logged in as
administrator, the service is configured to run as
SYSTEM.  I tried changing default permission in the
/var/proftpd directory and ownership (for scroeboard
file) to SYSTEM or administrators (root) without any
success.

What could I be doing wrong?  seteuid sounds like a
permission issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.