No mod_proxy in apache2

I just installed the new apache2 package using cygwin setup.  After
configuring, starting and testing the server I realized that mod_proxy
is not included in the install.  Unfortunately, that mod_proxy and
mod_rewrite were the reason I thought of installing it.  I've just
thrown the towel after a few hours of googling around have not
produced any hints.

Are there any plans to include it by default?

If not, are there any instructions on how to compile apache2 to
include mod_proxy?

--
Luis P Caamano
Atlanta, GA USA