postinstall scripts: .sh and .sh.done

Hi,

While fixing a problem I'd posted to the group about
(incidentally, thanks to Brian Dessent for identifying
a Cygwin DLL version mismatch as the source of the
other problem), I ran the post-texmf.sh script. I
don't know if this was meant to give me any diagnostic
information, but anyway it ran successfully, which
means (I think) that TEX etc are now installed. (Of
course, until I bring in the Cygcheck output, I can't
really ask about that.)

My real question revolves around the fact that the
script did not change from post-texmf.sh to
post-texmf.sh.done. Should I change it myself now that
it's finished running, or should I leave it be? Plus,
there was another file in \etc\postinstall that was
.sh and not .sh.done - what does this signify?

Thanks,

James McLaughlin.