Re: Snapshot report - ssh error

On Feb 23 08:54, Karl M wrote:
> Hi All...
>
> It was a permissions problem with /var/run/utmp.
>
> But that got me looking...back in Nov 2003, Corinna made the following
> change to ssh-host-config
> [...]
> And I am curious why set the permissions to 777 on /var/log/lastlog if it
> is a directory?

Because /var/log/lastlog can be a directory.  In this case sshd creates
files under /var/log/lastlog directory with the name of the user and
each file only contains logininfo records for that user.

We're just missing a lastlog tool which allows examining the lastlog
file(s).  It's part of the pwdutils package from
http://www.thkukuk.de/pam/pwdutils/   *hint, hint*

Corinna

Red Hat