Re: bindresvport(): can it be exported from cygwin1.dll?

On Feb 23 14:29, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> I'm trying to build dante, a SOCKS client and server, for Cygwin.  Right now
> build is failing with
>
> .libs/Rbindresvport.o: In function `Rbindresvport':
> /usr/local/src/dante-1.1.19/lib/Rbindresvport.c:68: undefined reference to
> `_bindresvport'
>
> based on a call to bindresvport().  bindresvport() is normally declared in
> netinet/in.h, but in Cygwin it's missing.
>
> I see that bindresvport.c is part of the cygwin source code.

You have apparently better eyes then I have.  Where did you see that
bindresvport function in Cygwin?

If you're talking about the implementation in newlib/libc/sys/linux/...
then it's unusable for Cygwin.  There's a reason it's in the linux
subdirectory...

>   Would it be
> possible to have it exported from cygwin1.dll?

No.  We need a implementation which uses the limited functionality
of WinSock.  It's not that hard, but it's definitely not going to be
in 1.5.20.  http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI

Corinna

Red Hat