Question about rxvt

Hi,

I've been using rxvt, as recommended by chere man page. I have a problem: in some non-cygwin console programs (ghci, the Haskell interpreter, and others) the up arrow key doesn't work as expected. Instead of repeating the last line, the cursor goes up. Why does that happens? Is there something I could read to understand that better?

  Thanks,
  Maurício