Re: cygwin scp -r fails

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> On Feb 22 23:04, Greg Tokarski wrote:
> > I just installed the dev. snapshot as suggested by Corinna
> > > Are you running Cygwin 1.5.19-4?  Anyway, try the latest developer's
> > > snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/  It probably solves your
> > > problem.
> > and nothing seems to have changed. And yes, I was on the 1.5.19-4.
> Sure you installed correctly?  I can not reproduce this.
> Corinna

Hi.

Yes, I am pretty sure I have done it right - just unzipped into the cygwin
directory replacing components of etc and usr if I remeber right....
How can I check if it got applied? I mean aside from maybe the timestamps.

Anyhow, you are not the only one who cannot replicate it; so I think it really
has something to do with windows :(
I will install on another system and test; but cannot till next week.
The guys at the "bug central" emailed me back on my bug submit, and they cannot
replicate it either.

There's not many cases of this happening, so I assume it's something weird....

Oh well... I got a workaround that allows me to do what I need, and if needed I
can just wait and see what happens in the next release.

Thx for trying to help though.

GT