Re: sed: 4.1.5 breaks libtool generation

Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

After a recent update to my Cygwin installation, suddenly
configure-generated libtool scripts give me this error when compiling
and linking C++ code:

libtool: ignoring unknown tag CXX

And even worse, it tries to use gcc to link, which of course fails
because of undefined symbols provided by libstdc++.

Using the /usr/bin/libtool instead works, so this would seem to be
caused during the generation of the package libtool.

So I guessed that the sed update was the problem, and I was right.
Downgrading sed to 4.1.4-1 makes everything work again.

I'm attaching my cygcheck output (before I downgraded sed).

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to look in to it, but it might be a week or two.

--
Chuck